Make the most of your summer! When your loved one with an intellectual or other developmental disability takes part in summer programming from The Arc of East Central Iowa, they’ll enjoy fun recreational activities in a supportive, nurturing environment. The program also gives you a chance, as a caregiver, to recharge or take care of other responsibilities during the day.
Feel peace of mind the safety and well-being of your loved one are the primary focus of our trained staff. During the day, your loved one can make friends, socialize with peers in their age group, and build daily living skills on-site and on supervised trips into the community.
Summer Day: Ages 5 to 21
Your loved one between the ages of 5 and 21 can take part in Summer Day, a multi-week program held in Linn county.
Your child’s daily activities may include:
- Educational exercises to build safety, reading, cooking, and daily living skills
- Social and leisure activities like swimming, games, crafts, and music
Linn County Summer Day
Linn County Summer Day is licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS). It has a staff-to-participant ratio of one to three or less.
- Dates: June through July
- Hours: Monday through Friday – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Location: Cedar Rapids
How to Register
Registration is currently closed. To find out when registration will open please contact Tara Cornelius at 319-365-0487 ext. 1044 or email@example.com.
Paying for Summer Programs
Depend on The Arc for different options to pay for summer programming. Choose from:
- HCBS Waiver – Group or Individual Respite, IMMT
- Parent Pay
- Children’s Mental Health Assistance (formerly Linn Co. SED Wraparound Grant)
- Children’s at Home Grant (CAH)
- Child Care Assistance (DHS Block Grant of CCA)
- United Way Respite
Contact Tara Cornelius at 319-365-0487 ext. 1044 to learn more about summer programs.