The Arc is the world’s largest nonprofit, community-based organization advocating for and serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). At The Arc of East Central Iowa, we’re driven by the mission to create a more inclusive world for everyone.
Fulfilling this vision requires passion and a diversity of skills and background. Want to be part of something big? Help us make a difference and join us in the fight for inclusion!
Working at The Arc
See what our colleagues have to say about working with our passionate team at The Arc of East Central Iowa.
We are seeking an Executive Director. This position is responsible for supporting the mission of the Arc of East Central Iowa by driving advocacy efforts for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families/caregivers to ensure access to appropriate supports and services that promote community inclusion. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Arc of East Central Iowa’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Mission / Vision / Values
- Work with the Board of Directors in developing and refining the vision and strategic plan for the organization
- Ensure programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board of Directors
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multi-cultural, diverse work environment that supports the success of the organization
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with self-advocates, state and national Arc chapters, parent and family organizations, community groups, donors, elected officials and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Ensure that the organization’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resources, technology, advocacy and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented
- Work with the Board and Finance Director to develop a comprehensive financial plan and annual budget
- Oversee with the Finance Director the financial status of the organization including monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place. Set financial priorities accurately
- Work with the Board of Directors to identify and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations
- Manage the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization; ensure the delivery of high-quality services while watching for current and future opportunities for growth
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization, representing the Arc of East Central Iowa with representatives from state and local agencies, the state legislature, state, county and local governments, and other organizations
- Keep policies and procedures for the organization up-to-date and responsive to the needs of the organization
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Must have 5+ years of combined senior-level administrative and supervisory experience with planning, budget oversight, and human resources, preferably in a nonprofit or public sector organization. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated passion for disability rights, success in leading and achieving the maximum accreditation of services, and be committed to organizational development and excellence. Must have a proven track record of successfully developing fundraising processes.
This is a full-time Exempt position. A competitive compensation packages is set by the Board of Directors Executive Committee and reviewed annually. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401K, and a flexible spending account.
To apply, please send resume and 3 professional references to BoardPresident@arceci.org.
Quality Assurance Specialist
The Quality Assurance Specialist reviews service documentation within established guidelines to ensure documentation requirements are met. This position communicates revisions of service documentation to Direct Service Providers. The Quality Assurance Specialist interacts with Direct Service Providers to provide training and guidance on service documentation.
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or commensurate work experience preferred. Proficient in MS Word and Excel, Windows, and internet navigation along with strong attention to detail and effective communications skills required.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position including PTO and a benefit allowance.
Apply online. Resume required.
We are looking for employees for our Daycare Enrichment Program and Summer Day Program.
Shifts are Monday – Friday ending at 6:30 pm at the latest (depending on setting). No weekends, holidays, or nights! Beginning pay rate of $10.15/hour plus opportunities for advancement. We offer paid training and flexible scheduling. Great opportunity for college students looking to gain experience in the Education, Medical, and Human Services fields or educators seeking summer employment.
Full-Time Direct Service Provider (DSP)
We are seeking a full-time DSP who would be responsible for providing Supported Community Living and Habilitation services to consumers throughout The Arc’s service area. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a fast-paced service-oriented team in the disability field. Candidates must have reliable transportation and be able to work a variable schedule.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direct supervision and care
- Maintaining communication and documentation with consumers and their service team
- Providing skilled training to consumers in numerous areas, including socialization, self-help, communication, self-care, self-advocacy, leisure, and other areas defined in the consumer’s training plan
Minimum requirements for this position include a high school diploma and one year experience working with persons with disabilities. Associate’s degree in human services or another relevant field of study a plus. Candidates should possess effective problem-solving skills, leadership, and strong written/verbal communication skills. This is a benefits-eligible position including paid time off (PTO) and benefit allowance.
Apply online. Resume required.
Community Integration Program Specialist
Join The Arc of East Central Iowa as a Community Integration Program Specialist. You’ll be responsible for the coordination and delivery of The Arc services to participants in the Day Habilitation Program.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of group activities
- Ongoing communication and documentation with participants and their service team
- Providing skilled training to participants in numerous areas, including socialization and community involvement
- Serving as a role model for participants in a variety of community settings
Applicants should have a high school diploma and one year experience working with persons with disabilities. An associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field a plus. Candidates should have effective problem-solving skills, leadership qualities, and strong written/verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to teach program participants daily living skills and competencies. This is a benefits-eligible position including paid time off (PTO) and benefit allowance.
Apply online. Resume required.
Part-time Job Coach
We are seeking a part-time Job Coach to support individuals with barriers to employment. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to play a key role in fulfilling our mission of making a difference in the lives of those with intellectual and related disabilities. The qualified candidate must possess strong communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism. You must be able to maintain professional relationships with various businesses in the community and represent The Arc in a professional manner at all times.
The desired candidate has experience working with people with intellectual and related disabilities. The candidate has a background in person-centered planning, and can bring advocacy and teaching skills to support each individuals needs in various employment settings in the community. Experience working in leadership, supervisory roles, or in customer service desired. Experience job coaching preferred.
This position is part-time. Hours vary to meet the needs of the individual’s work schedule.
Part-Time Direct Service Provider (DSP) Positions
Do you have the experience or do you have a desire to work with people with intellectual or related disabilities? Want to work flexible hours providing a variety of services?
Referral Bonus for Current Employees
We know our best source of referrals come from the staff who understand what it means to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. If you’re a current employee, you can receive a $250 referral bonus when you refer friends, family members, or other people in your network to work as a Direct Service Provider — and the person you referred receives a $250 retention bonus, as well.
To receive the bonus:
- Your name must be listed on the application as the person who referred the applicant
- You must be the first person to refer the applicant
- You must be an active employee (excluding senior and leadership staff)
- You must be in good standing with no active disciplinary warnings
The referred employee must:
- Get hired after 11/1/18
- Work for The Arc for 6 months
- Be in good standing
- Work an average of 15 hours per week during their 4th, 5th, and 6th month of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Arc of East Central Iowa is an equal opportunity. The Arc considers applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy, and to provide equal opportunities to disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, other veterans, and individuals with a disability, and any other characteristics protected by federal, state and local law. All employees of The Arc of East Central Iowa are considered “at will”.