The Arc of East Central Iowa is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to Support Accessibility
The Arc of East Central Iowa takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Include accessibility in our core values.
- Maintain accessible facilities and vehicles.
- Uphold the expectation among our administrative staff, direct care professionals, consumers, stakeholders and Board members that all people have the right to be treated as equals regardless of ability level.
- Identify and work to correct accessibility barriers in architecture, environment, attitudes, finances, employment, communication, transportation and any other areas identified by our consumers, personnel, and other stakeholders.
- Survey annually staff to determine any environmental, attitudinal, communication, financial and/or any other barriers not listed exist that The Arc controls, and remove them as soon as possible.
- Provide modifications or adjustments that would assist any person with a disability to access benefits and privileges that are equal to those enjoyed by others, and that would not result in undue financial burdens to the organization or a fundamental alternative in the services or supports that The Arc provides.
- Educate the community and area in the belief that each individual has the right to be an active member of their community in every area of their life. This includes but is not limited to: education, employment, transportation, social and recreational activities, and housing; all people have a right to make choices in where they live, work, learn and play, and they should be allowed access to all programs and facilities as people without disabilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Arc of East Central Iowa is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Arc of East Central Iowa. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Arc of East Central Iowa:
- Phone: 319-365-0487
- Visitor address: 680 2nd Street SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Facebook: @arceci
- Instagram: @thearcofeastcentraliowa
- LinkedIn: @The Arc of East Central Iowa
In the event that a person needs assistive technology or communication devices that fall outside of The Arc’s financial ability to provide them, that person should contact The Arc for a referral to the appropriate resources.
The Arc of East Central Iowa assessed the accessibility of our website through self-evaluation and wrote this statement in October 2019.